White Bean Mussels
- 2 Ounces (#22112) Soup Navy Bean With Ham Frozen
- 7 Ounces (#E7274) Mussel Blue Whole Cooked 20-26 Farmed Vacuum Pack Frozen
- 2 Teaspoons (#22849) Base Clam
- 1 Ounce (#13766) Tomato Roma Fresh, Diced
- 1/2 Ounce (#V5376) Garlic Whole Peeled Reclosable Bag 100- 130Cnt/Pound Fresh
- 1 Tablespoon (#15070) Oil Olive 10% Blended
- 1/4 Each (#17786) Baguette French Demi Partial Baked 4 Ounce Frozen, Sliced thin/ grilled
- 1 Tablespoon (#13618) Butter Solid Unsalted Wisconsin Grade A Refrigerated, Diced and kept cold
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Take the garlic and place into an aluminum foil "pouch" and drizzle with half the amount of oil. Salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for about 25 minutes then open the pouch and cook for another 10 minutes or until golden brown. Drain the oil and set aside.
- In a hot saute pan add the rest of the oil and the frozen navy bean soup mix (this will be straight out of the bag). Sautee for approximately 2 minutes and add the tomato and mussels. Mix the clam base with 1/8 cup of hot water and add to the mussels, also add 1/4 of your favorite lager beer. Add the roasted garlic and simmer until the mussels have opened and reduce the broth by half. While swirling the pan add the butter. Place the mussels / Navy bean mixture In bowl and top with the roasted garlic/beer broth. Serve with grilled crostini's.