Turkey & Ramen Bowls
- 20 oz COBBLESTREET MKT.™ All Natural Oil Browned Turkey Breast, Shredded
- TT Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Unsalted Butter
- 4 tsp Sesame Oil
- 4 tsp Fresh Ginger, Minced
- 2 tsp Fresh Garlic, Minced
- 6 Tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/4 C Mirin
- 8 C Chicken Stock
- 2 oz Dried Shiitake Mushrooms (or 1/2 C Fresh)
- 2-3 tsp Sea Salt, to Taste
- 4 ea Large Eggs
- 1 C Scallions, Sliced
- 4 ea 3-Ounce Packs Dried Ramen Noodles
- Fresh Jalapeño Slices, for Serving
MAKE THE RAMEN BROTH
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, until shimmering.
- Add the ginger and garlic. Cook for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the soy sauce and mirin, and stir to combine. Cook for another minute.
- Add the stock and turkey.
- Cover and bring to a boil, then remove the lid and let simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Add the dried mushrooms. Simmer gently for another 10 minutes.
- Season with sea salt, to taste.
MAKE THE SOFT-BOILED EGGS
- Fill a pot with enough water to cover the eggs and bring to a boil.
- Gently lower the eggs into the boiling water and let simmer for 7–8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill a large bowl with ice water. After the 7–8 minutes expire, transfer the eggs to the ice bath to stop the cooking process.
- Wait at least 5 minutes, or until the eggs are cool enough to handle, then carefully peel away the shell and slice in half, lengthwise. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Chop the scallions and jalapeño.
- Cook ramen according to package directions.
- Add the ramen broth mixture.
- Top with fresh scallions, jalapeño and soft-boiled egg, and serve
- Servings: 4
- Type: Lunch, Dinner
- Categories: The Dish, Recipes
- Tags: Dinner, International, Lunch, Soup, Turkey