- 4 ounces seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/8 ounce crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 ounce extra-fine granulated sugar
- 2 ounces English cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 ounce shallots, minced
- 1/8 ounce red bell pepper, diced
- 4 ounces ahi tuna poke cubes, sashimi grade
- 1 ounce soy sauce
- 1/4 ounce sesame oil
- 1/8 ounce black sesame seeds
- 1/8 ounce white sesame seeds
- Organic frisee greens for garnish
- 1/4 ounce green scallions, minced
- 1/8 ounce wonton skin wrapper
- Combine the rice wine vinegar, water, red pepper flakes and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Add the cucumber, shallots and red bell pepper and allow to pickle for 2 hours.
- Toss tuna cubes in a bowl with soy sauce and sesame oil. Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes.
- To serve, spoon tuna into a large martini glass, top with pickled cucumber and garnish with frisee, scallions, and black and white sesame seeds. Deep fry the wonton skin wrapper for garnish.
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: The Dish, Recipes
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Seafood