Smoked Out Reuben
- 5 Ounces Corned Beef Brisket Choice Raw
- 2 Each Bread Reuben Rye Black Russian
- 2 Ounces Sauerkraut Fresh
- 1 Each Dressing 1000 Island
- 1 Each Cheese Provolone Non Smoked
- Take Brisket out of pkg and rub with spice packet. allow to sit out of refrigeration for at least 30 minutes covered and in cool area.
- At this time you can also put your favorite rub on if you desire.
- Prep smoker box and heat to 250.
- When temperature has been achieved place brisket in and close the door check on temp and smoke every 45 minutes or so. every 3 hours baste with either favorite dark ale beer. You want to smoke this until it reaches an internal temp of 185 degrees for at least an hour. this is the temperature where goodness begins. this can take up to 13 hours.
- After achieving temperature pull out of smoker and allow to rest for at least 20 minutes before you slice.
- Slice thin against grain and portion.
- Now start for sandwich butter and toast bread pieces.
- Heat Sauerkraut and place cheese on top to steam and melt as well and assemble.
- Bread, 1000 island, sauerkraut, meat, more 1000 island and lastly bread.
- slice on a diagonal and plate