Beer Beans & Bacon
- 6 ounces Great Northern Dry Beans
- 2 ounces Cherrywood Smoked Bacon, diced
- 2 ounces Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Garlic, peeled
- ½ tablespoon Chicken Base Gourmet Paste
- 2 teaspoons All Purpose Bleached Enriched Flour
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper, coarsely ground
- 6 ounces Light Beer, Mexican
- 6 ounces Water
- Soak the beans in cold water for 24 hours.
- In heavy bottomed sauce pan, render the bacon.
- Add the onion and garlic once the bacon is 70% cooked and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the flour, stir over medium heat until it becomes a hazelnut color.
- Add 6 ounces of corona beer and 6 ounces of water, then add the chicken base and black pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes or until the mixture is that of a thick soup.