Parmesan Crisp with Roasted Red Pepper Mousse
A roasted red pepper and goat cheese mousse served atop Parmesan crisps and topped with pickled fennel and red onion.
- 1# Parmesan cheese, shreddedv
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 2 ounces roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup pickled red onion & fennel mixture
- 16 each basil leaves, fried
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Divide the Parmesan cheese into 1-oz. portions. Arrange each portion in a circle on a greased baking pan.
- Bake for 6 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Turn over a mini-muffin pan and use a spatula to place each round on a mold. Slightly press down with a paper towel to form desired shape.
- In a mixer, whip heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks are formed.
- In a blender, combine goat cheese, roasted peppers, milk, salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Gently fold the goat cheese-red pepper mixture into the whipped cream.
- Place a 1/2-oz. portion of mousse in each Parmesan crisp and top with pickled red onion, pickled fennel and a fried basil leaf.