- 4 oz Pork Cushion Meat Boneless Carnita Style Fully Cooked Boil In Bag Frozen
- 1 Ea Lime Fresh, zest one, juice all
- 1/2 Ea Orange NavelNalencia 88 Size Fresh, zested and juiced
- 1/2 Tsp Paste Achiote Dry Delivers Within 3-5 Business Days
- 1 1/8 Tsp Salt Coarse Kosher, divided
- 1 1/8 Tsp Pepper Black Ground Regular Grind 30 Mesh, divided
- 5 Tbsp Oil Salad Liquid Soybean Trans Fat Free
- 1 Ea Onion Red Jumbo Carton Fresh, peeled, cut in 1/4" strip
- 1/4 C Oil Olive Pomace Import
Refried Black Beans (1 serving)
- 1/4 C Oil Salad Liquid Soybean Trans Fat Free
- 3/4 C Onion Yellow Jumbo Bag Fresh
- 2 Ea Garlic Whole Peeled Reclosable Bag 100-130 Cnt/lb Fresh, minced
- 1/2 C Chilies Green Diced Mild Steam Peeled
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper Cayenne Ground Red
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seed Ground
- 1 Tsp Salt Coarse Kosher
- 2 lb Bean Black Fancy Unseasoned, drained
- 2 Ea Tortilla Corn White 6" Raw Refrigerated
- 1/3 oz Pepper Jalapeno Sliced Nacho
- For the pickled red onions, juice 5 of the limes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the red onion strips, lime juice, 1/4 C of olive oil, 1 Tsp of salt, and 1 Tsp of black pepper. Let sit for 30 minutes. This can be made up to one day ahead of time.
- Zest and juice the remaining lime and the orange.
- For the conchinita pibil, heat a medium saute pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tbsp oil.
- When hot, add the achiote paste and saute for 30 seconds to bloom the flavor and aromas.
- Add the carnitas (pulled pork), lime juice, lime zest, orange juice and orange zest.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes to heat all the way through. Season with salt and black pepper.
- In another large saute pan, heat 1/2 cup oil to about 350'F.
- While oil is heating. sandwich 1/2 cup of warm refried black beans between the two tortillas, sticking them together.
- Then fry the Panuchos in the hot oil until golden in color, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from the pan and drain on a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Top with panucho with about 1/3 cup of cochinita pibil. Top with the pickled red onions and jalapenos.
- Top with the pickled red onions and jalapenos.
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: The Dish, Recipes
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Mexican, Pork