Pan Seared Shrimp & Medium Square Cheese Ravioli with Vodka Cream Sauce
- 13 oz Vila Frizzoni medium Square Cheese Ravioli
- 1 pound Large Shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2tsp. Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. Canola Oil
- 1 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1.2 Cup Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- ½ Cup Vodka
- ½ Cup Heavy cream
- ½ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the ravioli according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, add prepared tomato sauce and vodka and simmer over medium-low heat until the mixture reduces by ¼, stirring often, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a sauté pan over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp. butter and 2 Tbsp. canola oil. Allow butter to melt and stop foaming, do not brown.
- Toss the shrimp with lemon pepper seasoning and add to the pan, in a single layer. Sear shrimp for 1 minute, then flip and continue for 1 minute more. Remove to a plate; set aside.
- Once the shrimp are cooked, add the shallots and garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add broth to deglaze the pan and simmer for 1 minute until slightly reduced.
- Add heavy cream to the deglazed pan; cook over medium heat and whisk to combine. Stir in the tomato sauce until well combined. Remove from the heat and whisk in parmesan cheese until well blended. Stir in chopped parsley. Add shrimp and ravioli and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with the grated parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: The Dish, Recipes
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Italian, Lunch, Seafood