Olive Oil Ice Cream
- 6 ounces creamer half and half ultra-high temperature, refrigerated (#73608)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt coarse kosher box (#33428)
- 12 ounces cream heavy 36% whipping, refrigerated (#71216)
- 8 each egg shell on, white large grade AA loose pack, refrigerated, yolks only (#L3384)
- 4 ounces VILLA FRIZZONI® oil olive extra virgin in tin (#23158)
- 4 ounces) sugar beet granulated extra fine (#16728
- Combine the half and half, salt and sugar in a heavy-bottomed sauce pan and heat until the sugar is dissolved. Stir occasionally.
- Place the egg yolks over a double boiler and whisk. Slowly incorporate the half and half mixture into the egg yolks and cook while whisking constantly until the mixture reaches 160 degrees F and coats the back of a spoon.
- Strain the mixture through a fine sieve and stir in the heavy whipping cream. Whisk in the olive oil, then cool the mixture.
- Place into an ice cream machine and follow the manufacturer’s directions.