Octopus over Avocado Mousse
- 2 oz Avocado Pulp 100% Hass Frozen
- 2 oz Cream Heavy 36% Ultra High Temperature Refrigerated
- 1/8 oz Seed Sunflower Kernel Roasted & Salted, No Shell
- 1/8 Tsp Cumin Seed Ground
- 1 Tbsp Chili Ancho Powder
- 1/8 oz Radish Red Fresh, Sliced thin
- 1/2 Tbsp Oil Olive Extra Virgin In Tin
- 1/4 oz Onion Green Scallion lceless Clean And Trim Fresh, Diced
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Chopped In Oil Refrigerated, Value Pack
- 2 oz Potato Fingerlings Yellow Fresh
- 4 oz Octopus T-3 Wild Caught Morocco Frozen
- Boil the potatoes in salted water. Remove and slice thin into coins.
- For the mousse:
- Whip the heavy cream with the cumin and a pinch of kosher salt. Whip it into stiff peaks.
- Place the avocado, garlic and green onion into a food processor and blend until smooth. Pass the avocado mixture through a drum or Tamis. Once passed through, slowly fold in the cream until well incorporated.
- Boil the octopus in salted water for 1 hour. Cool down and marinate in half the olive oil and the ancho powder.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Grill the marinated octopus until golden brown and tender.
- ln the middle of the plate, place the avocado mousse and spread lightly. Place the potatoes sliced in the middle and stack the octopus on top. Drizzle with remaining olive oil. Garnish with radish and the sunflower seeds.
- Servings: 1
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: The Dish, Recipes
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Mexican, Seafood