- 2 Whole Shell Mussels 1-lb packages
- 3/4 C Dry White Wine
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Shallots, Chopped
- 1 Stalk Celery, Chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, Crushed
- 1 tsp Chopped Fresh Basil, & to Garnish
- 1 tsp Dried Bouquet Garni
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 ea 14-oz can Plum Tomatoes, can seeded, chopped
- TT Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Sweat shallots, celery, garlic, basil in olive oil; add the bouquet garni. Stir in tomato paste, canned tomatoes and sugar. Season to taste. Cook over medium-low heat till flavors blend.
- Place whole shell mussels in a non-reactive casserole dish, add wine, cover and bring to a boil over high heat, until shells are just open.
- Drain cooking liquid, returning the opened mussels, in their shells, to the casserole dish.
- Pour the hot Provencale sauce over the mussels and heat through. Sprinkle with chopped basil and/or parsley. Serve immediately in deep bowls.
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: The Dish, Recipes
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Seafood