Mississippi Delta Fried Catfish Sandwich
- 3 ea 3-4 oz Catfish Filets
- 2 ea Slices White Bread
- 1/4 oz Lettuce
- 1 1/2 oz Sliced Tomato
- 2 ea Bacon Slices
- 1 oz Tabasco Sauce
- 4 oz Corn Flour
- 7 oz Buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- Preheat fryer to 350ºF. In a shallow dish pan, add buttermilk, tabasco and then place fish in, and let it refrigerate for 7-8 hours.
- In a stainless steel bowl, add corn flour, corn meal, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, salt and mix well.
- Once dry mix is complete, dredge fish in dry mix, then place in fryer, then cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and place on paper towel to drain.
- Cook bacon and set aside. With both sides of bread, add fish and top with bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise.
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: The Dish, Recipes
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Sandwiches, Seafood