- 6 oz Bulgar Wheat
- 2 lb PRAIRIE CREEK® Beef Ground Bulk 81/19 Raw Cryo, Refrigerated
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon Korintje, Ground
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seed, Ground
- 6 oz Onion Yellow Jumbo US #1, Fresh, Diced and Divided
- 1 tsp Allspice Ground, Divided
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Oil Olive 10%, Blended
- 1/4 oz Mint, Fresh
- 3 oz Nut Pine Raw, Toasted
- 1 tsp Garlic Whole, Peeled, Reclosable Bag 100-130Cnt/Pound, Fresh, Minced
- 8 oz Sauce Tzatziki Grecian Cucumber, Refrigerated
- 1/8 ea Cucumber English Seedless, Fresh, Diced small
FOR THE DOUGH
- Soak the bulgar wheat in 2 cups of warm water for 30 minutes.
- Cook 1/2 pound of the ground beef with the onion and season with salt, black pepper and 1/2 the allspice.
- Squeeze out the water from the bulgar wheat by hand and place into a food processor with beef mixture.
- Puree with the mint leaves until a smooth paste has been developed.
FOR THE FILLING
- Place the oil into a hot sauté pan.
- Cook the ground beef with the onions, garlic, cinnamon and remaining all spice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir occasionally and cook until beef is done and the flavors have infused.
- Add the pine nuts and cool to room temperature.
TO MAKE THE KIBBEH
- Take the dough (about 1 oz at a time) and flatten in the palm of your hand.
- Poke a small hole in the middle of the dough and fill with the beef filling.
- Gather the edges and envelop the mixture; press the dough shut. Each kibbeh should be in the shape of a little football.
- Deep fry until golden and cooked through.
- Garnish the tzatziki dipping sauce with fresh, diced cucumber and serve.
- Servings: 8
- Type: Lunch, Entree
- Categories: The Dish, Recipes
- Tags: Beef, Dinner, Entrée, International, Lunch