Guajillo Painted Redfish
- 1 Ea Lime Persian 200 Size Fresh, juiced
- 1 Ea Avocado Halves Hass Fresh
- 4 Tbsp Oil Blend Canela & Extra Virgin Olive Oil 75/25, divided
- 1 Ea Redfish Fillet 8-10 Ounce No Bone Or Skin Red Drum Individually Vacuum Packed Farmed Frozen, fillet
- 1/8 Tsp Salt Coarse Kosher
- 1/8 Tsp Pepper White Ground
- 1/4 oz Cheese Cotija Wedge Refrigerated
Guajillo Chile Sauce -2 oz. serving (1 serving)
- 16 Ea Pepper Chile Guajillo Dried, stem, seeded, ribbed
- 1 C Onion Yellow Jumbo Bag Fresh, diced
- 4 Ea Garlic Whole Peeled Reclosable Bag 100-130 Cnt/lb Fresh, cloves, chopped
- 1/2 C Cilantro Wash and Trim Coriander Cello Fresh, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Oil Olive Pomace Import
- 3 Tsp Base Chicken Gourmet Paste No Msg Added Gluten Free
- 4 C water
- 1 Tbsp Sugar Granulated Cane Extra Fine Granulated White
Mexican Rice (1/2 Serving)
- 1 C Rice Long Grain Parboiled
- 1 Tbsp Oil Salad Liquid Soybean Trans Fat Free
- 1/2 C Onion Yellow Jumbo Bag Fresh, small dice
- 1 Ea Garlic Whole Peeled Reclosable Bag 100-130 Cnt/lb Fresh, minced
- 1/2 C Pepper Bell Red Medium #1 Fresh, stem, seeded, small dice
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seed Ground
- 1 Tsp Pepper Black Ground Regular Grind 30 Mesh
- 1 Tsp Salt Coarse Kosher
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Ground Organic Dry
- 1 Tsp Base Chicken Gourmet Paste No Msg Added Gluten Free
- 1 1/2 C water
Blistered Corn Salsa (1 serving)
- 1 Ea Corn Yellow Fresh, shucked and cleaned
- 1/2 C Pepper Red Whole Fire Roasted, medium diced
- 1 Ea Lime Persian 200 Size Fresh, zested and juiced
- 1/4 Tsp Chili Powder Dark
- 1/2 Tsp Salt Coarse Kosher
- 1 Tsp Honey Extra Light Amber Grade A 51% Domestic
- 1/4 oz Cilantro Wash and Trim Coriander Cello Fresh, chopped
- Juice the lime and mix juice with 2 Tbsp of oil. Place avocado half flat side down in the oil and juice to marinade for about 10 minutes.
- Pre-heat a char grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
- Season both sides of the red fish fillet with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 2 Tbsp of oil in a medium nonstick sauté pan over medium high heat.
- When hot, place the red fish filet in the pan and sear to a golden brown in both sides. Remove and hold warm.
- Discard the oil from the pan. Add the Guajillo chili sauce and return to stove to heat.
- While sauce is heating, place the avocado flat side down on a well oil char-grill or grill pan. You want to create nice grill marks on the avocado.
- Heat the Mexican rice.
- Remove the avocado half from the grill and stuff with Mexican rice.
- Sauté the onions in the oil until translucent. Add the other ingredients and simmer for about 10 minutes then blend until smooth.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the oil for approximately 2 minutes then add the diced red pepper and cook for an additional minute. Add all other ingredients and simmer until the rice has absorbed all of the water and is cooked through. ***melt the chicken base in the water prior to putting it in the rice mixture to prevent yellow clumps.
Blistered Corn Salsa
- Be sure to sauté or roast the corn first so that it is golden brown and looking somewhat charred. Then mix all ingredients together thoroughly to finish
To plate, use a 2 inch "paint" (or butter) brush to paint a strip down the middle of a long white oval or square platter. Paint the top of the fish with the Guajillo sauce as well and arrange at an angle to stripe "painted" on the platter. Place avocado stuffed with Mexican rice to one side of the fish fillet. Finish by garnishing the fish with blistered corn salsa and crumble cotija cheese.