Grilled Apple and Ham Omelette
with Red Eye Gravy
- 3 large Grade A Eggs
- 2 ounces Half & Half
- ¼ Granny Smith Apple, sliced thin
- 3 ounces Hardwood Smoked Boneless Ham
- 1 ½ tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 ounce Mild Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- ¼ teaspoon Gourmet Chicken Base Paste
- 1 teaspoon granulated Beet Sugar
- 4 ounces Frozen Hashbrowns
- ½ cup coffee
- Place the apples on a grill, once they are marked off and soft, set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and half & half. Cook the omelette in a non-stick pan.
- In a separate pan, add the sliced ham and ½ tablespoon of unsalted butter.
- Once the ham is caramelized remove and add to the omelette along with cheese and apples.
- Fold over and plate.
- In the same pan add ½ cup of coffee, ¼ cup water and the chicken base. Reduce over heat by half.
- Add the sugar and whisk in the remaining butter to emulsify the mixture.
- Place the hashbrowns in a waffle iron and cook.
- Serve next to the omelette, pour gravy over the hashbrown waffle and omelette.