Goat Cheese & Bacon Jam
- 3 ounces Plain Goat Cheese (2 discs)
- 2 tablespoons Enriched All Purpose Flour
- 1 Large Grade A Egg whipped with 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons Coarse Japanese Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 ounces Sliced Bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon Light Brown Beet Sugar
- 3 ounces Maple Syrup
- 4 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- ¼ ounce Yellow Onion, diced
- ¼ ounce Jumbo Carrot, julienne sliced
- 1 teaspoon Extra Fine Granulated Beet Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Coarse Salt
- ¼ French Baguette, sliced and toasted
- ½ cup Coffee
- Freeze the discs of goat cheese.
- Bring ¼ cup of water to a simmer, add the rest of the vinegar, kosher salt, and granulated sugar.
- Add the carrots and remove from heat.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- While you are waiting, combine the diced onion and bacon in a hot saute pan
- once cooked add maple syrup, ½ cup strong coffee, brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar, let stand.
- Bread the frozen goat cheese discs by dipping them in flour, egg wash, and then coating in the Panko bread crumbs.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- In a dish place the bacon jam, top off with fried goat cheese and finish with pickled carrots. Serve with crostinis.