Fennel Artichoke Roasted Oyster
- ½ lb. Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tbsp Garlic, chopped
- 1 Cup Fresh Fennel Anise, small diced
- 1 Cup Canned Quartered Artichoke Hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/3 Cup Green Scallion Onions, sliced thin
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Pernod
- ½ Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/8 Tsp Red Ground Cayenne Pepper
- ½ Tsp Coarse Kosher Salt
- ½ Tsp Black Pepper
- 6 Dozen Half Shell Oysters
- Heat medium rondo over medium high heat. Melt butter when hot and add garlic. Cook until garlic lightly toasted and then add diced fennel and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add chopped artichoke hearts and cool for about 2 minutes longer. Deglaze with Pernod. Let flame cook off alcohol. Add parsley, green onion and spices. Cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and fold in breadcrumbs. Place in cooler to chill completely.
- Completely thaw the oysters on the half shell. Top each oyster with about 2 tbsp of fennel artichoke topping. Roast in 375°F oven for 8 minutes or until oyster cooked through and topping is golden brown. Serve on entree plate with lemon wedge and cocktail fork or on a platter as hors d'oeuvres. Rock salt works great to prevent oysters from sliding or rocking on the plate or platter. Makes 12 appetizers of 6 or 72 stationary hors d'oeuvres.