Chorizo Meatballs with Manchego Cheese
- 1 pound Eagle Ridge® Pork Chorizo (Item# 40770)
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 4 cloves Good Roots garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Manchego cheese (finely shredded, about 1 1/2 ounces, divided)
- 24 Good Roots basil leaves
- Preheat broiler and arrange a rack about 6 inches from the heat. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, garlic, paprika and salt. Stir in panko and 1/2 cup of cheese. Add pork chorizo and gently mix until well combined. With dampened hands, shape the mixture into 24 meatballs, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter, arranging them on the prepared baking sheet. Broil meatballs until cooked through and lightly browned, 12 to 14 minutes, turning halfway through. Set aside to cool slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Spear a basil leaf (fold larger ones in half) and a meatball onto a toothpick and transfer to a serving plate. Repeat with remaining basil and meatballs. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons of cheese and serve warm.
- Servings: 6
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: The Dish, Recipes
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Mexican, Pork