Caldo de Camaron
- 6 oz Shrimp White Raw Peeled And Deveined 31-40 No Tail Individually Quick Frozen
- 5 oz Tomato Roma Fresh
- 2 Tbsp Base Clam Gourmet Paste
- 4 oz Onion Yellow Jumbo Us #1 Fresh
- 1/8 oz Garlic Whole Peeled Reclosable Bag 100-130 Cnt/lb Fresh
- 2 Tbsp Oil Olive 10% Blended
- 1/2 Ea Tortilla Flour White 1 O" Pressed
- 4 oz Carrot Jumbo Fresh Carton, Diced
- 2 Ea Potato 60 Count Average Idaho Russet Us #1 Grade Carton Temperature Control Above 40 Degrees Fresh, Diced
- 1/2 oz Cilantro, Stems reserved
- 1/4 oz Pepper Chipotle In Adobo Sauce
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper Red Crushed
- 1 Ea Lime Persian 200 Size Fresh, Cut into wedges
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the tomatoes in half as well as the onions. Place them on a sheet tray along with the garlic adn drizzle in oil and a touch of salt. Roast for 25 minutes or until the mixture becomes caramelized.
- Place in a blender with the tortilla and blend until smooth.
- Place the tomato mixture in a pot and add a quart and a half of water.
- Whisk in the clam base. Add the diced potato and diced carrot. Add Chipotle adobe sauce and red crushed pepper for flavor.
- Chop the cilantro leaves and reserve for garnish.
- Tie the cilantro stems with butcher twine and drop into the mixture with the chipotle.
- Bring to a simmer stirring occasionally. Add the shrimp and cook on a simmer until it is reduced by 10%. Remove the cilantro stems and check the seasoning.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and a lime wedge.
- Servings: 6
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: The Dish, Recipes
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Mexican, Seafood