Calabacitas con Puerco
- 3 lb Pork Loin Boneless Collars Frozen, cubed
- 2 Tbsp Oil Salad Liquid Soybean Trans Fat Free
- 5 Ea Pepper Chili Jalapeno Fresh, chopped
- 1 Ea Onion Yellow Jumbo Bag Fresh, peeled, diced
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seed Ground
- 4 Ea Garlic Whole Peeled Reclosable Bag 100-130 Cnt/lb Fresh, Cloves, Minced
- 1/3 C Flour All Purpose Hotel & Restaurant Bleached Enriched Bulk
- 2 lb Squash Yellow Fancy Straight/Crook Neck Fresh, medium diced
- 2 lb Squash Zucchini Fancy/Medium Fresh
- 6 Ea Corn Yellow Fresh, shucked, kernels removed
- 56 oz Tomato Diced 3/4" In Juice Extra Standard, about half can
- 2 Tsp Salt Coarse Kosher
- 1 Tsp Pepper Black Ground Regular Grind 30 Mesh
- Heat oil in medium soup pot. Fry pork cubes in batches until browned. Return all the browned pork to the pan.
- Add the onions, jalapenos, garlic, salt, pepper and cumin and cook over high heat until onion is translucent.
- Sprinkle flour over pork and vegetables and stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes to be sure to cook the flour.
- Add water, diced tomato, squash and zucchini. The pork and the vegetables should be just covered with liquid.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover with a lid. Cook at a simmer for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally, checking periodically and adding more water if necessary. It should be the consistency of a thick stew.
Serve on a plate with a side of beans and rice or in a bowl as a soup.
- Servings: 8
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: The Dish, Recipes
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Mexican, Pork