Bauernfrühstück is a German dish that can be eaten anytime of the day. It combines potatoes, eggs, leeks or chives, and meat (typically bacon or ham) in a hearty omelet. It is often accompanied by pickles or tomato salad.
- Prairie Creek® sausage patty or bacon
- Good Roots® onion, diced
- Bountiful Harvest® hash brown potatoes
- Silverbrook® liquid eggs
- Culinary Secrets® chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet or large frying pan, heat sausage or bacon according to package directions. Crumble into small pieces and remove from the skillet or frying pan, reserve fat.
Toss diced onions and hash brown potatoes in the reserved fat, flipping one time. Toss in crumbled meat and add liquid eggs. Season with chives, salt, and pepper. CCP: Cook until a minimum internal temperature of 165° is reached.
- To add color, try adding diced red, yellow, and green bell peppers.
- Serve with pickles or tomato salad.
No video selected.