Sweet & Spicy Power Bowl with Yellowfin Tuna & Grape Salsa
Recipe Provided by Beaver Street
- 4 6 oz yellowfin tuna steaks
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- chipotle seasoning to taste
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 avocados, sliced
For Grape Salsa
- 1 cup red grapes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup green grapes, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 2 tsp jalapeño, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 dashes hot pepper seasoning
- For the grape salsa, combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Let stand at least one hour before serving.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, and set aside until ready to use.
- For the tuna, add 2 tbsp of olive oil to a large non-stick skillet, and heat over medium-high heat. Season both sides of the tuna steaks with salt, pepper and chipotle seasoning to taste. Sear tuna just until rare or medium-rare, about 1-2 minutes on each side. Transfer the tuna to a cutting board, cut the tuna into 1 inch cubes and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil to a large non-stick skillet, and heat over medium heat.
- Cook sweet potato and onion, adding salt, pepper and chipotle seasoning to taste. Cook on medium heat until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- To assemble the bowls, distribute quinoa, tuna, grape salsa, potatoes and onions, and sliced avocado in bowls.