Smoked Scallop Quiche
w/Terrapin Ridge Hot Pepper Bacon Jam Mixed Greens salad w/Bacon Tomato Ranch
Recipe Provided by Gourmet Food Group
What was true in 1895 rings even truer now. The rising popularity of brunch, the portmanteau concept that may well have kick-started the entire breakfast after hours obsession, has moved into edgy hipster territory. Brunch is very much an experiential and social experience, perfectly suited to millennials looking to recharge after a hectic work week and hang out with friends. Consider today’s brunch a subculture in itself, characterized by deconstructed recipes with luxurious ingredients such as lobster and exotic herbs, exciting tastes, carefully crafted cocktails, and special touches like an old-fashioned photo booth or a build-your-own Bloody Mary bar. Creativity flourishes here, with classic eggs Benedict transformed into lobster roll Benedict, lemon ricotta pancakes with house preserves taking over for traditional buttermilk flapjacks, cheese and egg quiches given a fresh face with smoked scallops and hot pepper bacon jam, and a Peruvian-style salmon frittata served in a healthy halo of quinoa cake and roasted carrot and parsnip hash.
- 2 oz Smoked Scallops
- 2 ea eggs
- ½ oz whole milk
- ¼ oz Scallion, Sliced
- 1 ea 5-inch quiche shell
- 1 oz Mixed Greens
- ½ oz Terrapin Ridge Bacon Tomato Ranch Dressing
- ½ Roasted Roma Tomato for garnish
- ¼oz Garlic, chopped
- 1/8 oz Fresh Thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- TT Terrapin Ridge Hot Pepper Bacon Jam
- Whisk egg and milk together and pass through a fine sieve, add scallop and scallion and pour into quiche shell and bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.
- Marinate tomato in garlic, thyme and EVOO with S/P overnight, then roast on the flat top to order, 3 minutes per side.
- Dress salad and plate alongside the quiche and roasted tomato half, with the hot pepper bacon jam on the side.
- Servings: 1
- Type: Breakfast
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 7 - ISSUE 1 • WINTER 2019
- Tags: Breakfast, Seafood