Smoked Flat Iron Steak & Grilled Peach Salad
Chef Christopher Holden | Reinhart Milwaukee
- 4 oz flat iron steak
- 3 oz lettuce blend
- 2 oz balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1 oz glazed walnut
- 1 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 oz peaches, sliced
- 1 oz green onions, sliced
- ¼ salt and pepper
- Preheat smoker to 200 F. Season flat iron steak with salt and pepper and place in smoker for 3 hours. Internal temperature should reach 145 degrees. Let flat iron cool and slice into 1 oz slices.
- Slice peaches and place wedges directly on a hot grill, turning over until marked and warmed through. In a bowl, toss lettuce blend with balsamic dressing.
- Plate lettuce in a large bowl and top with arranged peaches, walnuts and goat cheese. Place steak slices on grill just until marked and warmed through and arrange on top of salad.
- Garnish with sliced green onions. Drizzle a bit of balsamic dressing over the top of the salad before serving.