Zesty Watermelon Jicama Salad
- 1/8 Ea Watermelon, 8 oz
- 6 oz Jicama
- 2 oz Honey
- 1/8 oz Jalapeño, Seeded & Thinly sliced
- 2 Ea Lime
- 1/4 Ea Orange Navel, Orange Zest
- 1/8 oz Dark Chili Powder
- 1/8 oz Mint Fresh
- 1/8 oz Salt Table Iodized, to taste
- Seed and dice the watermelon into 1/2" cubes and place in bowl, then set in refrigerator. Peel and dice the Jicama root into 1/2" cubes and add to bowl with watermelon and set in refrigerator.
- De-seed jalapeños, small dice and set aside. Chop mint leaves and set aside. With the bowl of watermelon and Jicama, add diced jalapeño, chili powder, and dressing and toss lightly.
- In a mixing bowl, squeeze the lime juice, then add the zest of orange. Add honey, chopped mint and mix well. Salt to taste.