Yuzu Togarashi Pork Ramen
Chef Lee Sepaniac | Gourmet Foodservice Group
- 5 oz ready-to-eat noodles or ramen
- 24 oz pork broth
- 1 oz fresh scallions, sliced thin
- 1 ea medium egg, poached
- 2 oz low-sodium soy sauce
- 6 oz yuzu shichimi togarashi
- 6 oz pork loin, whole
- 2 oz snow peas
- 2 oz wood ear mushrooms, reconstituted & sliced thin
- 2 oz carrot, channeled and sliced thin
- 1 oz micro shiso
- 1 oz micro chives
- ½ sheet Nori sheet
- For broth, reconstitute 1 ¼ pound pouch with five gallons of water; simmer, cool and reserve. For egg, cold poach and shock in ice water, drain and reserve for service in soy sauce.
- For pork, rub and marinate in togarashi overnight; roast whole at 300 F until 155 F internal temperature. For mushrooms, soak overnight in water in refrigerator, then steep for four hours, cool and julienne. Blanch and shock snow peas and carrots. Place noodles in bowl and top with scallions, then pour boiling tonkotsu broth over it. Place sliced pork on first, then vegetables and mushrooms; finish with poached egg, microgreens and nori sheet on the bias.
No video selected.