Wild Boar Sausage Pizza
Chef Lee Sepaniac | Culinary Specialist, Gourmet Food Group
Foccacia Crust, Fontina, Ricotta, Green Cerignola Olive, Wild Boar Sausage with Roasted Garlic and Marsala, Petite Italian Mix, Dried Fig and Fig Balsamic Glaze
- 2 teaspoons rapid-rising dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 oz. EVOO
- 2 oz. Cerignola Olive
- 2 oz. Ricotta Cheese
- 4 oz. Fontina Cheese
- 3 oz. Wild Boar Sausage with Garlic
- 2 oz. Chopped Dried Figs
- 1/2 oz. Fig Balsamic Glaze
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the yeast, water and sugar. Let stand for 3 minutes until a foam appears
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour and salt. Knead with your hands until well combined, approximately 3 minutes, then let the mixture rest for 15 minutes.
- Cut into 2 equal pieces and shape each into a ball. Place on a heavily floured surface, cover and let rest and rise for 1 hour at room temperature or for 8 to 12 hours in the refrigerator. If you refrigerate the dough, remove it 30 minutes before you begin to shape it.
- To make pizza, place each dough ball on a heavily floured surface and use your fingers to stretch it, then your hands to shape it into rounds.
- Stretch the Focaccia dough into a 12-14 inch oval shape and top with EVOO and Garlic. Add olives and pre-cooked sausage and bake 8 minutes at 500 degrees
- Remove from oven and add both cheeses and The chopped dried figs, cook an additional 4 minutes
- Finish pizza with the Italian mix greens and drizzle with fig balsamic glaze.