Wild Boar Osso Bucco w/Chianti Reduction Demi, Thyme Roasted Potatoes & Grilled Radicchio w/Anchovy Oil & Fried Capers
- 5 lbs Wild Boar Osso Bucco, #KK116
- 4 oz. Chianti Red Wine
- 1 qt Veal Stock
- 1 oz. Shallots
- ½oz. Garlic
- 8 oz. Chianti Wine
- 6 oz. Demi Glace
- 1 oz. Unsalted Butter
- 2 lbs. Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 oz. Butter
- 1 oz. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 oz. Thyme, chopped
- 1 head Radicchio, #KG400
- ½ oz. Anchovy Oil, #KA012
- 4 oz. Capers
- Season, sear and place osso bucco pieces into a large roasting pan, deglaze pan with red wine and reduce by half, add this and the veal stock and partially cover. Braise at 300 degrees for 3 hours. Cool and reserve for service.
- For the sauce, sweat shallots and garlic in a small sauce pan, deglaze with wine and reduce to au sec. Add veal demi glace and simmer for 10 minutes. Mount with butter just before plating.
- Par Boil potatoes and cool, then quarter/ large dice. Pan roast to order in butter and EVOO, finish with fresh chopped thyme and chopped garlic.
- Cut radicchio into wedges, then trim the core, season and drizzle with anchovy oil, then grill for 1-2 minutes on each side. For capers, drain well from brine and fry until crispy at 300 degrees, about 2-3 minutes. Finish with a bit more anchovy oil and top with fried capers.
- Servings: 6
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: The Dish, Recipes
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Italian, Lunch, Pork