White Asparagus and Onion Tart
- 1 ½ ea Puff Pastry Dough Sheet, 5x5
- ¼ oz Red Onion, Sliced Thin
- 2 oz Fresh White Asparagus
- ¼ oz Gruyere
- 1 Tbsp Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Sour Cream
- 1/8 oz Fresh Arugula
- Cut 1/2” around one of the puff pastry slices and place on the outer edges of the whole puff pastry to form an edge.
- Bake in a 375ºF oven for approximately 20 minutes or until 3/4 of the way cooked.
- Meanwhile, sauté the onion until caramelized and blanch the asparagus in water for 45 seconds.
- Place the caramelized onion and asparagus into the puff pastry shell with the gruyere cheese and bake for another 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Mix together the mustard and sour cream.
- Drizzle the Dijon cream over the tart and garnish with the arugula.