Wagyu Carne Asada Roulade
Portion Cost: $8.94
Suggested Menu Price: $24.95
- 6 oz Wagyu Inside Skirt Steak
- 4 oz White Onion, peeled
- 1 oz Fresh Cilantro
- 3 oz Sweet Corn
Chipotle Roasted Plantain & Spanish Sweet Pea Rice
- 6 oz 1/2-inch sliced Plantain
- 1 tsp Smoked Spanish Paprika
- TT Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 C Short Grain Rice
- 1 Tbsp Spanish Rice Seasoning
- 1/2 C Chicken Stock
- 3 oz Sweet Peas
- Puree onion and fresh cilantro into a paste. Cut skirt steak into a 6 oz. portion and then spread with the onion and cilantro mixture. Top with the sweet corn and then roll with the grain of the steak, secure with skewers, once fully rolled. Grill to medium, about 8 -‐10 minutes, rest for 2 minutes and then slice across the roulade exposing the pinwheel of the roulade.
- Pan -‐roast sliced ripe plantain evenly on both sides for 4 minutes per side. Remove from pan and toss with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Combine short grain rice, Spanish rice seasoning and chicken stock and then simmer for 15 -‐18 minutes until done. Finish by adding the sweet peas before plating the rice.
- Servings: 1
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Cost: $5-$10
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 4 - ISSUE 3 • SUMMER 2016
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Mexican