Villa Frizzoni Cheese Tortellini Chowder
- 19 oz. Villa Frizzoni® Cheese Tortellini
- ½ Large Good Roots White Onion, diced
- ½ C Good Roots Red Bell Pepper, diced
- ¼ C Green Chili Pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 1 Jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 Tbsp. SilverBrook® Butter
- 3 C Vegetable Broth
- 2 C white Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tsp. Culinary Secrets® Ground Cumin
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Katy’s Kitchen® All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 (15 oz.) can Bountiful Harvest® Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 1 pint Half- and-Half Creamer
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook onion, bell pepper, green chili pepper, garlic, and jalapeno in butter until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in vegetable broth, cubed potatoes, ground cumin, salt, black pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes, until potatoes are just tender.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add cheese tortellini and cook according to package. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour and vegetable oil. Pour into soup, increase heat to medium, and cook until thickened and bubbly. Stir in corn, half-and-half and tortellini and heat through.
- Divide into bowls and serve.