Villa Frizzoni Cheese Tortellini Chowder
- 19 oz. Villa Frizzoni Cheese Tortellini 65066
- ½ Large Good Roots White Onion 14096, diced
- ½ cup Good Roots Red Bell Pepper 13706, diced
- ¼ cup Green Chili Pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Markon Garlic V5376, minced
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 Tbsp. Silverbrook Butter 13618
- 3 cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 cups white Markon Potatoes 76006, peeled and cubed
- 2 tsp. Culinary Secrets Ground Cumin 24318
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Katy’s Kitchen All-Purpose Flour 27528
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 (15 oz.) can Bountiful Harvest Whole Kernel Corn 10432, drained
- 1 pint Half- and-Half Creamer
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook onion, bell pepper, green chili pepper, garlic, and jalapeno in butter until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in vegetable broth, cubed potatoes, ground cumin, salt, black pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes, until potatoes are just tender.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add cheese tortellini and cook according to package. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour and vegetable oil. Pour into soup, increase heat to medium, and cook until thickened and bubbly. Stir in corn, half-and-half and tortellini and heat through.
- Divide into bowls and serve.