Villa Frizzoni Cheese Ravioli with Pesto and Asparagus
- 24 oz. Villa Frizzoni Cheese Ravioli 66262
- 12-14 ea. Asparagus Spears – tough ends removed and cut into quarters
- 1 cup Good Roots Cherry Tomatoes 25686
- 1 Cup Yellow Cherry Tomatoes
- ½ cup Basil Pesto
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Culinary Secrets Black Pepper 24236
- 2 Tbsp. Grated Villa Frizzoni Parmesan Cheese 28103
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the cheese ravioli according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Sauté the Red and yellow tomatoes in 1 Tbsp. olive oil until soft. Add chopped asparagus to the pan and sweat the asparagus with the pan covered with a lid stirring occasionally for 4 to 5 minutes or until asparagus is bright green and tender but firm– depending on thickness of asparagus.
- Season with ½ tsp. salt and ½ tsp black pepper
- Toss the asparagus/ tomato mixture with the cheese ravioli, basil pesto and parmesan cheese.