Versatile Veggie Mix
This colorful blend of vegetables can be prepared in advance, served as is or customized as desired. Onions, mushrooms, peppers, zucchini are tossed with olive oil and baked. Add yellow squash for more color. To serve, caramelize on the griddle, add favorite seasonings, or top with crumbled cornbread. Prepare plenty as this blend will also work well in fajitas and wraps.
- 2 Good Roots® medium yellow onion thinly sliced
- 2 Good Roots® small zucchini halved lengthwise and sliced ¼ inch
- 1 Good Roots® green pepper sliced in thin strips
- 1 Good Roots® red pepper sliced in thin strips
- 2 cups Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp Villa Frizzoni® oil
- 1 tsp Katy’s Kitchen® Iodized table salt
- Cobblestreet Market® shredded cheddar cheese
- Katy’s Kitchen® cornbread mix prepared and crumbled
- Prairie Creek® bacon fried crisp and crumbled
- In a large mixing bowl, toss all vegetables with oil to coat.
- Place in a 9x12 baking pan. Sprinkle with salt. Lightly spritz with water. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350ᵒF for 1 hour or until tender, but firm.
- Cool and refrigerate. Maintain an internal temperature of ≤41ᵒF.
Fry 1 cup portion on griddle in 1Tbsp butter until onions are lightly caramelized. CCP – Heat to an internal temperature of 165ᵒF for 15 seconds. Serve in a single serving casserole dish.