RESTAURANT: Goodkind, Milwaukee, Wis.
DRINK: Vernal Leap
CREATOR: Co-owner Katie Rosev
"Over the spring/summer of this past season, the kitchen had a scallop dish where English sweet peas were a prominent feature. The bar works very closely with the kitchen here and as the staff was shucking peas, I noticed the husks were being composted. I had them set them aside for me and chopped them coarsely and poured some gin over the mix, let it sit for 24 hours and revisited. It tasted and smelled very much like that fresh green smell of sweet peas. I let it sit for another day to really get the taste and smell working and it turned out great. Thus sweet pea gin was born." – Katie Rose
- 1.5 oz sweet pea-infused Great Lakes Distillery Rehorst Gin (house-made)
- .75 oz Mancino vermouth
- .5 oz La Favorite Rhum Agricole
- .5 oz citrus cordial (house-made)
- .25 oz fresh lemon juice
- .25 oz fresh lime juice
- .25 oz cantaloupe tincture (house-made)
- 2 drops saline
- Combine all ingredients into a shaker
- Shake and double strain into a chilled coupe glass
- Garnish with a smacked fresh mint leaf with atomizer spritz of kaffir lime leaf tincture (house-made).