Venetian Stone Bass
- 6 oz Stone Bass Fillet, Skin On, Pin-Boned
- 1 oz Almond, Sliced, Blanched, Raw
- ½ oz Dijon Mustard
- 1 oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 oz Anise Fennel
- 2 oz Jumbo Red Onion
- 6 oz Blood Orange
- 4 oz Garbanzo Beans (Chickpea)
- Pat dry the fish and lightly salt and pepper. Combine ½ the olive oil with the mustard, add a pinch of sugar, brush on the fish. Place the almonds on top of the fish.
- Thinly slice the fennel, red onion, combine with the entire peeled and segmented orange. Toss with remaining olive oil salt and pepper to taste to form a salad. Heat the garbanzo beans in a pan.
- Cook the fish on a buttered pan in 375°F oven for 10–12 minutes. The almonds will be golden brown. Place the heated garbanzo beans in center of plate. Lay the fish over the beans.
- Finish with the onion fennel blood orange salad on top.