Velveted Pork Tacos
- 2 pounds Eagle Ridge® Pork Chorizo (Item# 40770)
- 1 package San Pablo® Corn Tortillas
- 1 bunch Good Roots® Cilantro
- 1 Good Roots Red Onion
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces corn
- 12 ounces salsa
- 8 ounces sour cream (carton, regular or non-fat)
- 8 ounces Cotija Cheese (shredded)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Wash cilantro and pluck whole leaves from stems, about 3/4 cup worth. Place whole cilantro leaves in a bowl. Thinly slice 1 red onion and add to cilantro, creating a salad. (You can adjust cilantro/red onion ratio to taste.) Add a dash of black pepper, one tablespoon of vinegar and one tablespoon of olive oil, toss to coat and set aside.
- Cook the pork chorizo in batches. Add a teaspoon of olive oil to a non-stick sauté pan and place over medium-high heat. When oil comes to temperature, cook half the pork chorizo until well done. If needed, add more oil to the pan, and then cook the second half of the pork chorizo. Once finished, sprinkle cooked pork with salt to taste.
- To assemble tacos warm tortillas according to directions on the package. Take one tortilla and smear a teaspoon of sour cream down the middle. Top with 2-3 spoonful of pork chorizo. Atop pork, place a spoonful of salsa, then top with cilantro red onion salad, a teaspoon of corn kernels and pinch of cheese. Fold over to enjoy!
- Servings: 6
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: The Dish, Recipes
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Mexican, Pork