Twisted Shepherd's Pie
Chef David Quick | Reinhart Knoxville
- 5 lbs Sweet Potato Cubed Maple Seasoning
- 10 lbs Beef Tips Sirloin Choice Frozen
- 2 lbs Vegetable Blend Pea/Carrot Diced Grade
- 1/2 lb Onion Yellow Jumbo Bag 50/Lbs Fresh
- 1 ea Gravy Mix Brown Bag, mix & pour over beef
- 2 Tbsp Northwood Steak Seasoning
- TT Salt/Garlic Black Pepper Onion Red Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Salt Coarse Kosher
- 1/2 ea Pepper Chipotle, Puree and mix in gravy
- Preaheat oven to 350° F. In large sauté pan brown beef and onions off until caramelized. To this add vegetable blend and stir to combine. Add in seasonings of chipotle and northwoods. Stir in gravy mix until mixed in thoroughly. Turn off heat and transfer to a greased hotel pan.
- Add sweet potato on top of beef mixture and press lightly to cover. Add a pinch more of seasoning mix on top for color and bake for 30 minutes. Pull out, cut into sections and serve.