Turkey Breast Roast Sandwich
with Apple Cranberry Sauce
- 1 each Cobblestreet Market® Foil Wrapped Turkey Breast Roast
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 ounces dried cranberries
- 2 gala apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- Zest from 1 lemmon
- 30 Brickfire Bakery Ciabatta Rolls
- Preheat over to 325°F.
- Cut off outer packaging leaving gold foil on.
- Discard liquid and place roast in large baking pan with gold foil seam on the bottom and add 3 cups of water. Add additional water if necessary.
- Cook from thawed 3 hours 45 minutes.
- When temperature reaches approximately 120°F cut gold foil open in an "x" on top and carefully peel back to brown AND cook until internal temperature is 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- All product to rest for 10-20 minutes before carving.
To make the sauce:
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the cranberry juice, cranberries, cinnamon and sugar.
- Bring to a boiland let cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the apples and lemon zest and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries have softened and the apples are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove 1/4 of the liquid to a small bowl and whisk in the cornstarch.
- Slowly add the cornstarch-juice mixture (slurry) to the cranberry mixture, stirring constantly.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into a serving bowl.
- Refrigerate until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks, and then blen with hand blender until chunks are pureed.
- Serve warm.
Serve on Brickfire Bakery Ciabatta Rolls.