- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1-1/2 C Arborio or Long Grain White Rice
- 2 E Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 3/4 C Dry White Wine or Chicken Broth
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 4 C Chicken Broth
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 C Shredded Fresh Spinach
- 1/2 tsp Grated Lemon Peel
- 12 oz Solid White Albacore Tuna, Drained
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 3/4 C Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Heat oil in large skillet and add rice and garlic.
- Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes until rice is coated with oil and starts to turn a bit golden in spots.
- Add wine, pepper, and 1 cup chicken broth to the skillet.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook mixture for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until liquid is absorbed.
- Add about 1 /2 cup of the remaining broth, stirring rice until liquid is absorbed.
- Continue until the rice is tender, and the risotto is the consistency you want.
- Add lemon juice, spinach, lemon peel and tuna.
- Cook and stir gently until spinach is wilted.
- Stir in butter until melted along with 1/2 cup cheese.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and serve.
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 5 - ISSUE 3 • SUMMER 2017
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Seafood