Tlayuda (Mexican Pizza)
CHEF JEFF MERRY | Reinhart® Boston Division
Portion Cost: $1.50
Suggested Menu Price: $5.95
- 1 each 10” Tortilla
- ¼ C Queso Fresco, Crumbled Bean Paste
- 4 oz cooked black beans (well drained)
- ½ C Diced Onion
- ¼ tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp Brown Sugar
- ¼ C Diced Tomatoes
- ½ C Shredded Lettuce, Cilantro
- 2 tsp Lime Juice
- Make the slaw by tossing lettuce with cilantro, tomatoes and lime juice. Refrigerate.
- Sauté onion in olive oil, add cumin. Place beans, chipotle pepper, brown sugar and 3 Tbsp. water into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Take tortilla and place on baking sheet. Spread your bean mixture and sprinkle cheese. Bake until edges are crisp and cheese is melting. Cut into wedges and top with slaw.
- Servings: 1
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Cost: Under $5
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 4 - ISSUE 3 • SUMMER 2016
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Mexican