Tilapia Tacos with Mango Salsa and Cotija Cheese
- 6 3/5 oz. tilapia fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- crumbled cotija cheese
- corn tortillas
- cilantro for garnish
- 1 jalapeno pepper, ribs and seeds removed, minced
- 2 mangoes, diced
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 ½ tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp honey
- For the mango salsa, combine all the ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- For the tilapia, season the tilapia fillets on both sides with salt and pepper to taste. Heat a greased nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Place the tilapia fillets in the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes per side. When the tilapia is done cooking, transfer to a cutting board and roughly flake with a fork.
- To assemble tacos, divide the tilapia amongst the tortillas and top with the mango salsa and crumbled cotija cheese. Garnish with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: Recipes
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Fish Taco, Lunch, Mexican, Seafood, Taco Nation