The Steak and Gorgonzola Melt
This one will take you strait to flavor town. Juicy Angus tri-tip topped with Gorgonzola crumbles, sandwiched between a La Brea Bakery French Demi Baguette, this submarine will leave you feeling more than satisfied.
- 1 lbs. Grilled Angus Tri Tip (4 ounces per sandwich)
- ½ oz Gorgonzola, Crumbled
- 1 Large Red Onion
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Demi French Baguette
- Season and grill the beef to the desired doneness and allow to rest before slicing.
- With a serrated knife, cut each demi baguette in half, lengthwise; lightly toast. Arrange bottom halves for assembly.
- Slice the beef and divide the grilled onions among the four sandwiches. Sprinkle the crumbled Gorgonzola over the beef. Finish with the remaining slice of bread and serve.
- For the Onions: Preheat the grill or a grill pan. Peel the onion and slice it into 1/3-inch thick rounds. Brush the onion slices with oil and grill over medium heat, until the onions soften and get grill marks, about 6 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.