Thai Fried Calamari w/ Sweet Chile sauce
Portion Cost: $3.84
Suggested Menu Price: $9.95
- 6 oz buttermilk
- 8 oz calamari
- 1/2 C masa
- 1/2 C cornmeal
- 4 oz sweet chili sauce
- 1 oz almonds, fried, crushed
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Soak the cut calamari rings and tentacles in the buttermilk for at least 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Mix together the masa and cornmeal, then dredge the drained calamari in this coating. Fry the breaded calamari at 375 degrees for 5 -‐6 minutes, until just cooked, then drain all excess oil.
- Heat the sweet chili sauce until just simmering in a sauté pan and then toss the fried calamari with the sauce. Plate and finish with the crushed, fried almonds and fresh chopped cilantro.
- Servings: 1
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Cost: $5-$10
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 4 - ISSUE 1 • WINTER 2016
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Seafood