Tempura Asparagus w/Romesco & Poached Egg
- 2 lbs Asparagus, #19878
- 8 oz Almond, Sliced, #23064
- 8 oz Roma Tomato, #25998
- 4 oz Olive Oil, Pomace, #W6620
- 1 oz Dijon Mustard Grained w/Wine, #26866
- 8 oz Tempura Batter Mix, #11390
- 10 Ea Egg, Extra Large, #L3744
- 4 oz Red Pepper, #12312
- 1 oz Honey Extra Light Amber, #22148a
- Roast the pepper and the tomatoes until they’re charred in appearance in a 400°F oven with ½ the olive oil for 10-15 minute or until desired char.
- Let chill, remove peppers to separate tray to remove skin, stems and seeds.
- Save oil that peppers and tomatoes were roasted in to flavor the romesco.
- Roast the almonds.
- Add tomatoes, pepper, almonds and mustard with remaining olive oil and blend until smooth with some remaining texture.
- Salt and pepper to taste, add honey if needed (If sauce has any bitter after taste from the roasting).
- Dip asparagus in tempura batter, shake off excess and fry until done.
- Plate up – spoon sauce on plate, top with tempura asparagus and poached egg.
- Servings: 10
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Appetizer
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 6 - ISSUE 2 • SPRING 2018