Sweet & Spicy Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp
Chef Bill Frost | Reinhart Twin Cities
- 2 lb raw black tiger shrimp
- 8 oz whole boneless prosciutto
- 2 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz fresh pepper
- 8 oz orange marmalade preserves
- 2 ea lemon, zest
- ½ oz fresh chives
- Remove stems and seeds from 7 peppers and cut in quarters lengthwise. Hold pepper strip on back of shrimp and wrap with small slice of prosciutto. It should be enough for about 28 shrimp.
- Sauté in olive oil on high heat for about one minute per side. Remove shrimp and add orange marmalade. Toss in a shot of white wine, if desired. Drizzle over shrimp and garnish with lemon zest and chives.
- Garnish with lemon zest and chives.