Sweet and Spicy Peanut Soup
It’s like liquid sweet potato pie with a kick to it!
- 1 c (1 medium) Good Roots® green bell pepper, diced (RFS# 13706)
- 1 c (1/2 medium) Good Roots® yellow onion, diced (RFS# 13626)
- ¼ c chopped peanuts (RFS# C9702)
- 1 Tbsp Villa Frizzoni® canola oil (RFS# F8624)
- 2 ¼ - 2 ½ c (2 medium)baked sweet potatoes, skins removed and diced (RFS# 75768)
- 2 c vegetable broth (RFS# 78874)
- 2/3 c Katy’s Kitchen® peanut butter (RFS# 31766)
- 2 Culinary Secrets® bay leaves (RFS# 22030)
- 2 tsp Tabasco® sauce (RFS# 28240)
- Salt to taste
- ¼ c fresh lemon juice(RFS# 21352)
- 1 ½ c heavy cream or whole milk
- Additional chopped peanuts for garnish (RFS# C9702)
- Combine green pepper, yellow onion, and peanuts in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a medium Dutch oven over medium heat. Gradually add vegetable/nut mixture to oil and heat until soft, stirring constantly to avoid scorching.
- Add sweet potatoes, vegetable broth, peanut butter, and seasonings. Simmer for 15 minutes. CCP: Cook to minimum internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove bay leaves. Add lemon juice.
- Puree the mixture with a hand blender until smooth.
- Add cream or milk. Stir until mixed.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts.
- Serve 1 cup each.