Sun-dried Tomato, Spinach & Bacon Roulade
Modernize the classic omelet with this fluffy, rolled concoction filled with tangy sun-dried tomatoes, smoky bacon and lightly sautéed spinach. It’s accompanied by a creamy, cheddar sauce.
Consumer insight, rationale:
- The popularity of brunch is returning. This vibrantly flavored omelet is certain to appeal to avid brunch consumers.
- Spinach has seen a 14 percent increase as an ingredient in recent years.
- Bacon as an ingredient has seen an overall four percent increase—more specifically, it has seen a seven percent increase within egg menu item dishes in recent years.
daypart: Breakfast; Lunch; Dinner
menu part: Entrée
- SilverBrook® scrambled egg mix (69170)
- cream sauce base
- Italian blend cheese
- spreadable cheese
- Bountiful Harvest spinach (61144)
- Prairie Creek fully cooked natural hardwood smoked bacon* (48314)
- sun-dried tomatoes
- Land O'Lakes® Golden Velvet® yellow cheese sauce*
Mix scrambled eggs, one-half cup reduced cream base, one cup shredded Italian blend cheese, one package spreadable cheese together in mixing bowl. Mix well.
Take one-half sheet pan lined with well sprayed parchment paper. Pour in mixture. Pan will be about half full . Bake in 350 F oven for about 15 minutes to 20 minutes until eggs are firm.
In a separate skillet, heat spinach and diced bacon pieces. Place a thin layer of the bacon and spinach and sun-dried tomato on the top of cooked omelet. Slide parchment paper off half the sheet tray.
Using paper, roll the filled eggs into a tightly rolled roulade. Slice into one-inch slices. Warm cheese sauce and drizzle over the top. Serve immediately.
Note: Additional cheese sauce can be added to egg mixture for more flavor.*