Stuffed Pork Loin w/Dried Cherries & Chorizo
Chef Jeff Merry | Reinhart Boston
- 3 lbs Pork Loin, Boneless, Center Cut
- 8 oz Sausage Chorizo
- 4 oz Cherry Dried, Chopped
- 2 oz Celery, Diced 1/4"
- 1 oz Onion Yellow Jumbo, Diced
- 2 Each Bread White Split Top, Frozen
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, Chopped In Oil
- 2 tsp Sage Fresh, Chopped
- 2 tsp Thyme Refrigerated, Chopped
- 2 tsp Rosemary Fresh, Chopped
- 1 oz Butter Solid Unsalted Wisconsin
- 1/2 oz Oil Blend Soy/Pomace Olive Oil 90/10
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, cook the sausage. Remove the sausage (leave in the fat), and set aside.
- To the pan, add the onion, celery and dried cherries, and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to cook. Remove from the heat, stir the sausage back in and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the bread with the sage, rosemary, and thyme into coarse crumbs. Melt butter in a saute pan and toast breadcrumbs over medium-high heat. Mix into the sausage mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Set the pork loin on a cutting board and cut ¾ deep slices into loin crosswise. Place the cut side up. Season the inside of the pork loins generously with salt and pepper. Shape the filling into a thin tube that runs along the center of the loin. Roll up the pork loin and tie it with kitchen twine at 1 1/2-inch intervals.
- Season the pork loin generously with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Sear pork loin and place in roasting pan. Cook for 40 to 45 minutes, or until thermometer inserted at the thickest part of the meat registers 145° F.
No video selected.