Stuffed Pork Loin Genoa Style
- 4-5 pound Eagle Ridge® pork loin roast, boneless (Item# 42296)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup Villa Frizzoni® Parmesan Cheese, Grated (Item# 16114)
- 1/2 pound Prairie Creek® ground pork (Item# 39088)
- 1/2 pound Eagle Ridge® Pork Italian Sausage (Item# 51532)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a food processor or blender, blend together the fresh basil, 1 cup parsley, pine nuts, garlic and Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Mix together well the ground pork, Italian sausage, bread crumbs, milk, egg, remaining parsley and pepper.
- Butterfly pork loin by cutting through roast horizontally to within 1/4-inch of the other side. Do not cut all the way through. Open out to roughly a rectangle. Spread with the herb-cheese mixture and place the sausage mixture along center of loin. Fold in half, tie; roast at 350 degrees F. for 1 1/2 hours (20 minutes per pound) until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest 10 minutes. Slice to serve.