Stuffed Pork Italian Sausage Meatballs
- 1 1/2 pound Eagle Ridge® Pork Italian Sausage, Bulk (Item# 51532)
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons Villa Frizzoni® Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Item# 23158)
- 8 to 10 green chard leaves, ribs removed, roughly chopped (4 1/2 to 5 cups)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Cobblestreet Market™ Goat Cheese, Crumbled (Item# 12854/18816)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine sausage, bread crumbs, milk and salt, mixing until well incorporated. Divide mixture evenly into 8 rough patties, about 3 inches across, and set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, warm olive oil. Add chard, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until chard is tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spoon chard evenly onto 4 of patties, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edges, then top each with 1 tablespoon goat cheese. Top with remaining 4 patties. Seal edges of each patty “sandwich,” then gently form sandwiches into balls.
- Arrange meatballs on a non-stick rimmed baking sheet and bake until the internal temperature is 160 degrees F., 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 3 minutes before serving.